The composition of artificial grass
1. grass fiber
Polyethylene (PE): English name Polyethylene, referred to as PE, is a thermoplastic resin prepared by slurry polymerization or gas phase polymerization using ethylene as the main raw material. PE has good chemical stability, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, excellent solvent resistance, minimal water absorption and excellent electrical insulation.
Polypropylene (PP): The English name Polypropylene, abbreviated as PP, is a thermoplastic resin obtained by polymerizing propylene. Polypropylene has high crystallinity, regular structure, excellent mechanical properties and heat resistance. It can be used normally within 100 °C, but the embrittlement temperature of polypropylene is -35 °C, and embrittlement will occur under -35 °C. Not as good as polyethylene.
Nylon (PA): English name Polyyamide, abbreviated as PA, density 1.15g/cm3, is a general term for thermoplastic resins containing a repeating amide group - [NHCO] in the main chain of the molecule. PA has many varieties and is widely used. Its biggest advantage is that it has good resilience, abrasion resistance and thermal stability, but it is easy to fade under outdoor light.
2. the backing
Single-layer PP woven fabric: meets the basic requirements of artificial grass and is inexpensive.
Grid fiber backing: The bottom of the grid is made of mesh reinforcement layer composite PP and other materials to increase the strength of the bottom and the binding force to the grass fiber.
Mesh fiber base fabric: reinforced base fabric, the strength is better than composite PP fiber, anti-skid super national standard and other products.
Pu bottom: good anti-aging performance, can increase the adhesion of grass line, but not easy to degrade, poor environmental protection.
Color-friendly bottom: Change the black bottom of traditional artificial grass, introduce a new concept of environmentally friendly bottom, use PP bottom or glue different from traditional materials to change the performance and appearance of the bottom.
Carboxyl styrene-butadiene latex: artificial grass and woven carpet traditional backing material, good performance, moderate cost, water-soluble, color green gum, black backing; brand Dow, BASF.
Polyurethane glue (PU): strength and binding force are better than styrene-butadiene latex and styrofoam products, but not easy to degrade, the price is higher.
The parameters of artificial grass
The unit Dtex of the textile fiber refers to the weight of the fiber bundle of 10,000 meters in length;
The conventional specifications of grass fiber Dtex are 6600, 7400, 8000, 9500, 10000, 13000, 14000, etc. The larger the Dtex of the same material, the heavier the weight and the better the quality.
The gauge is the distance between the grass line and the line, usually in inches, 1" = 63.5px
Here are a few common line spacings: 3/4, 3/8, 3/16, 5/8, 1/2 inch.
|Gauge||Number of lines/m||Number of stitches/m||Density/sqm|
Related Industry Knowledge
- Golf lawn special fertilizer
- Golf grass organic fertilizer application method
- Landscape rush cultivation method
- Landscape grass variety
- Definition of Landscape Greenland
- Classification of landscape design lawn species
- Which types of garden green space
- What are the types of lawn
- Carpet grass
- Carpet grass breeding method
- Advantages of artificial turf for roof landscaping
- Skills of installing artificial turf
- What are the advantages of artificial grass foo...
- Tennis artificial grass shows a variety of outs...
- Artificial grass basketball court is both envir...
- Quality standards for quality artificial golf g...
- Basic acceptance and laying process of syntheti...
- How is the commercial landscape grass paved ste...
- Basic performance of artificial grass for kinde...
- Artificial grass for pets can bring a better li...